Thursday, January 14, 2010

check-ups & the great crib debate

Yesterday I took Eddie to the doctor for his 18 month check-up. He did not have the explosive growth like he had at his 15 month check-up...actually his numbers hardly changed at all. He got a bit taller...but not much. He is now back on the charts at 80% for height. He also gained a whopping .8 pounds, keeping him in the 50% for weight. When I was telling Mark about it last night...I really didn't have much to say. Basically, my report was: Eddie is doing great! :)

Today I went to the doctor as well. I'm at 26 1/2 weeks and the baby is doing just great too! (so am I) The heartbeat was in the high 140's to low 150's. I start going every 2 weeks from now on, which seems very hard to believe. This pregnancy is flying! Again today I didn't have tons to report back to Mark. I think I talked more about Christmas with my Doctor than I did about the baby!

So all is well with our children.

Such a blessing!


After much debating...we decided to buy another crib. While Eddie might be able to handle a big bed...he isn't trying to get out of his crib. And basically until he does, he is staying in there! It is the only time I can get him to stay in one spot! :)

Several people did offer to let us borrow a crib, (which is so nice) but after someone used his crib as a big teething rail, I wasn't comfortable with the possibility of a child chewing to bits a crib that we didn't own.

I've been keeping an eye on Craig's List for a deal and...I found one. Mark picked it up on Monday. Because Eddie is such a pro at putting cribs together, he helped Mark.


Eddie was really excited about it.


This is when he spotted me & wanted me to come and see it.


He liked playing on it.


He even helped Mark clean it.


The underside is spotless.


Eddie thought it was a new place to play, until Mark put the front on. Once he couldn't climb on it, the crib wasn't so cool anymore.


Now that we have the new one, I am praying that he doesn't suddenly decide to be done with his crib. It is still comforting to know that during nap time he is sleeping & not emptying all his clothing onto the floor. :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

I think you made the best decision on 2 cribs. We did the same and its so much change for the older sibling with a new baby that good sleep is so important. Its great that all is well with both kids!

Tripp said...

I think you made a GREAT decision. We have two cribs too. The earlier you put kids in a big bed the more likely they are to start giving up naps and getting out of bed whenever they want to.