Monday, May 18, 2009

I promise...I DO feed him!!!

The last few days I have seen little wood shreds on the floor. I have been blaming Mark (sorry babe) because he often wears his shoes in the house and I thought the shreds were coming from the garage. It wasn't until after nap time today I noticed a shred on Eddie's chin. It dawned on me that it could be from his bed...so I went to check....


HOLY COW!!! The boy is shredding the crib!

Notice how nicely the crib rail is protecting the portion that I can see & all the damage is just below it? I knew he chewed on his bed, but I had no idea it looked like that. I feel bad that I've missed it and he's been sharpening his teeth and probably eating bits of this bed!

My question now is...what do I do? I came across something called 'gummi crib rail', but an item usually has to have 4 stars in the review area before I'll buy it. Any suggestions? Anyone else have a crib eater?

3 comments:

The O'Connor Family said...

Holy Cow!!! He's like a little wood-chipper!! Neither Emma or Logan did this--so I don't have any suggestions, sorry!

lalligal said...

Lillian did the same thing!! She actually took CHUNKS out of her crib. It was nuts!

We used these:http://www.safeandsecurebaby.com/Crib-Rail-Teether-by-Prince-Lionheart-pr-130.html

Very similar to what you posted! Of course, we ended up duct taping it to the crib because Lilli kept pulling it off!

You're crafty, what about something like this? http://babyrabies.com/2009/02/10/shes-crafty/

Jen said...

Mya did it a little bit, but not that bad! You've got a little beaver over there! Good luck with that :)