Friday, March 20, 2009

Musical Bedrooms

We have been moving things around a bit lately. When
our friend added a closet in the back room a few months ago, we became very excited to turn that room into our bedroom. Eric was very careful to pull the carpet back so we would be able to keep it.

When we moved in 4 1/2 years ago, we could smell that the previous owner's pet had a few 'accidents' in that room, but the floor looked like it was in good shape and we had it cleaned...so we thought we were good. It wasn't until the carpet was up that we saw all the stains. It was so gross. It didn't take us long to decide to get new carpet for the room we began to refer to as, 'the litter box'.

Carpet was laid on Wednesday and we have moved our room over. Once our room was cleaned out, we moved Eddie's furniture into our old room. As Mark set the crib back up I noticed this...


Teeth marks!! I couldn't believe it! I took a picture just for my mom. She has told me all my life how I wrecked the crib. It had been passed among family members and I was the one who gnawed on it to the point that no one else wanted it. Oops! I think I've been paid back. But how can I be mad at the kid? I'm impressed that he is able to stand up while still wearing his sleep sack.


Anyway, Eddie has temporarily been moved into our old room (which is going to become the guest room) we figured while we were getting new carpet, we would get some for his room too. This is what his room looked like when we first moved in.


Crusty, junky, stained floors. Actually while Eddie's room was the worst, most of the floors were gross when we moved in. When the old owners finally left and Mark & I were able to enter our new home, Mark was carrying me over the threshold when he spotted the diningroom carpet said, 'oh sh**' and he dropped me. Cleaning did wonders, but the stains just keep coming back.

This is what Eddie's room looked like when we toured the house. This is on our inspection day and it's the best that this room looked on all our visits.


I now understand why Mark thought I was nuts when I told him I wanted this house. I saw the mess when we toured it. But I didn't see it. When I looked in that room, I saw the perfect little nursery. Looking back at photos now...wow. Thanks Babe for trusting me!

We pulled all the photos out this week to see the before and afters of the house and it's been a lot of fun. I'll post them as we finish up projects that have been in the works since we moved in. It is exciting to see them come together!

2 comments:

Tripp said...

You guys are busy busy busy man!

lalligal said...

Too funny about the teeth marks! Lillian actually took CHUNKS out of the headboard of her crib when she started teething!