Monday, March 23, 2009

Bibers

I keep an eye on several craft blogs and one of my favorites, homemade by Jill, had a template to make your own wipe-clean bib. I thought...'I could do that' and I printed out the template. I am terrible at directions! I skim the pictures, get the gist of it, and speed on ahead. Mine never turns out like the picture. I also usually take the idea but then put my own spin on it based on the materials and talent that I have. (When it comes to sewing...it's the lack of talent; I can only do the basics.)

Here is what I made...


Eddie was kind enough to model it before I gave him a teething biscuit. He is teething something fierce right now. I feel so bad for him. He's had his moments of Mr. Grumpy Pants, not to be confused with Mr. McStinker which he is most of the time lately as he's trying to get into everything.


I have a new found love for fabric. It seems like a good fit as I also have a love for scrapbook paper. It is just so pretty. My favorite fabric store is Fabric.com. I love the new bot camp line. I think the sprockets are great. I haven't bought it yet because I have no idea what to make with it.


My first attempt at a bib didn't turn out too bad. Not as pretty or as 'clean' as Jill's - but a good first try. The next one I plan to make longer and with a bigger neck hole. I am also going to try to use my sewing machine. I do all of my sewing by hand. I tend to stab my finger and this morning at work I was painfully aware of my sewing skills. My mom is going to make Eddie a Dutch costume...maybe we can turn it into a sewing lesson.

I should mention that my lack of sewing skills is not for the lack of my mother trying...that along with cooking skills. Bless her heart, the woman tried. I was just a terrible audience. On a side note...if anyone has a great cooking blog or site - let me know, I would love to give it a try. It just needs to be relativly easy. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the bib Jen! Good job! :)

Jen said...

Very cute bib! I sew myself and I think that a machine is MUCH easier than by hand!!! Once you learn how to thread it right it's easy! I'm no expert and really scared to do any sort of clothing, I've only made throw pillows and curtains :) Happy sewing and cooking!!

Tripp said...

Nice work DUDE!