Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Let's measure that again

I took Eddie for his 15 month check-up this afternoon. While the dr. was showing me his growth charts, he was so surprised at Eddie's height increase...he wanted to measure him again.

The measurement came out the same. Eddie jumped from 31 1/4 inches in July, up to 35 1/4 inches today! 4 inches in 3 months! No wonder I had to buy him new pants! Eddie's height is now officially 'off the charts'.

He weighed in at 25lbs, which dropped him into the 50% for weight. (He was 24lbs 11oz and 75% in July) I think the dr. read my mind, because immediately after comparing his weight, he said that the drop is to be expected because he is so active, and not to worry about it. [While the dr. was talking to me, Eddie had climbed up & down from a chair 3-4 times and brought the dr. his book. :) ]

I have not been keeping up on the monthly update, and I regret that. (Once I had his baby book done...I stopped.) Things change so quickly and our Little Man is growing so fast. So. Here his 13, 14 & 15 month update lumped together...


Oh goodness. You are SUCH a little ham. You make me laugh everyday. I love your personality. You are such a sweet little boy. You share everything.


You are learning new things all the time, and while I still need to interpret most of your words, each one amazes me. Especially how quickly you are picking some of them up! We have been working hard on 'thank you' and you definitely have your own version of it, but I used to say, 'say thank you' and so you've begun to just say, 'say'. :)


I love how you will tilt your head towards me when you want a kiss. And you don't just do the head tilt to family members...when we were at Daddy's tennis party, you tilted your head to the little boy you were playing with. I think he was 6 or 7, and he didn't quite know what to do. His mom thought it was sweet.


You have finally stopped chewing on your books and are now reading them. Most of the time you still start a book by me and run around while I finish it. But lately we've been able to read a book in a single sitting! You bring me 'I love you Stinky Face' 9 times out of 10.


I love to build block towers with you. Even though you always destroy what I am building, I think it is cute that you make sure no block is left standing.


You are also big into shapes right now. Trying to figure out how to get the circle into the circle hole. I love watching your mind work.


You love talking on the phone. You punch a lot of buttons and I haven't let you call anyone but Daddy yet because of that, but I'm sure soon you will be calling everyone!


Here you are doing one of your silly walks. You were pushing a ball around the house. You also will bend your knees almost so they touch the floor...I'm not sure if you are trying to do lunges...or what, but it cracks me up.

Daddy and I love you so much and are so proud of you!!

5 comments:

Tripp said...

He is going to be tall like his Dad!

Brian said...

Way to go Eddie...off the charts! Wow! Jen, I think I'll just cut and paste your blog onto my own because Eddie and Carter sound exactly the same! I love this age (most of the time). :) Looking forward to our next playdate!

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The O'Connor Family said...

That was so sweet reading your post! And way to go Eddie...'off the charts'!! :)

Jen said...

growing like a weed! He is so happy and healthy! I love all the stuff he is learning and how you described it. :)