
Mark came with us to the appointment because the dr.'s office happens to be near the carpet store and we picked carpet out for the basement before Eddie's appointment. I was so glad Mark was along when I found out that because our zip code happens to be the same as downtown and the historic area, Eddie would need a lead level blood test, which they would take from his arm!
I felt horrible as I signed the papers to allow them to draw his blood. When Eddie's turn came, Mark sat in the chair with him, while I held his legs and blew raspberries on his feet. Eddie was such a champ and I was worried for nothing. Even though he has inherited my hard to find veins, the kid didn't even cry! He just watched as everything happened and was excited about the Gerfield band-aid that the nurse put on him. He was quite pooped and fell asleep on the ride home.

While we were waiting for Eddie's blood to be drawn, Mark unitentually lightened the mood. Eddie was busy crawling around and was going over to some small trees in the waiting room.
Mark quickly said...
'oh, remember we have to keep him away from plants and water'
I looked at him and said, 'what?'
' the dr. said not to leave Eddie alone with plants and water'
I burst out laughing.
'Honey, he said pets and water!'
No comments:
Post a Comment