Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Minivan Mama

Friday night Mark and I went out on a date. As we sat talking over dinner, Mark mentioned that he was thinking of putting our Jeep on Auto Trader. It had been listed on Craigs list for several weeks, but never got any real bites.

I hesitated. I finally told him that while I know we are about to have 2 children...I just don't think I'm ready for a minivan.

He said that was fine. He would put both car seats in the back of the Jeep & we could see how they fit.

Once we got home, Mark got the baby seat from the basement & loaded it and Eddie's seat into the Jeep.

He came back in & said that he wouldn't be comfortable in the passenger seat...but maybe I would fit.

I ventured out, assuming I wouldn't have a problem.

As it turned out, I had to prop my knees on the dash.

The Jeep was no longer going to work for us. But at least I felt better that I had tried to make it work.

He listed it on Saturday on Craigs List & Auto Trader.

The Jeep sold Monday night.

Tuesday afternoon we took a test drive & now parked in our garage is this:



It was all a bit of a whirlwind...but we both feel good about it. AND I don't have to prop my knees on the dash when the car seat is behind me. :)

4 comments:

Charrie said...

Hee Hee...So you've broken down and joined the mini van club! Welcome and know that you can still be cool and own a mini van! You've going to love it!
Chare

Shannon said...

So exciting!....and I think minivans ARE cool. Just picture summer adventures to the beach, trips to the park, and road trips! The ultimate family vehicle :)

Tripp said...

Oh I am a bit jealous! I don't really want to have a minivan, but they have so much more room.

The O'Connor Family said...

Congrats on the minivan!!