Monday, February 25, 2013

Daddy's Sweater

I asked Dani what she wanted to wear the other day.  She told me Daddy's sweater.  I was confused - but then she pointed out the sweet little sweater that my mother-in-law had given us.  It's been hanging in the kid's closet for...I don't even know how long!

She was so proud when I took it down for her to wear.

I kept asking to take her picture...but she was giving me her best fake smile.  
(see how she totally juts her jaw out at me!!)

I had to wait until she was playing to get some real smiles...
there is her smile!
(okay I was totally going to write 'there's her smile'...I am not so proper that I say 'there is' in everyday conversation, but then couldn't remember if I should use an apostrophe...and now I am questioning if I am using the correct there...or should I be using their...I know it's not they're...MAN English can be confusing!!  And of course my English teaching husband is off at a meeting...maybe I should call my mom.  Okay.  Tangent done.)

 ***Update: Mark is home.  There is and there's are both correct.  So I was right...but then he pointed out another mistake...which I have now fixed.  I think God laughs everytime Mark has to proof read for me.***

and thanks Sarah!!  I should totally know this by now!! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Cute pic...Dani has an adorable smile!
The 3 forms of "there" completely confuse my 5th graders. I always tell my students that "there's" is a contraction so read it in the sentence as "there is" and if it makes sense then it's okay to use it as a contraction. Same thing with "they're". Try teaching English to special needs kids....yeah, it's a real joy! So many rules and rule breakers!