Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcoming 2010

We have had a few wonderful days bringing in the New Year. We are all doing great over here...just recovering from all our excitement & haven't had time to blog.

So this...might get a little long! :)

Before Christmas I was looking forward to decorating cookies with our neighbor. Instead, I got the flu. I still had the urge to decorate, so New Years Eve, my Mom & Audrey came over.


Eddie tried to roll the dough out himself...but needed some help from Grammum.


Audrey getting the icing colored...after my Mom showed me how to make the right frosting. The frosting I thought I was making...wasn't what I made. It still tasted good!


I thought we'd have the cookies made & decorated before Eddie's nap. Instead the cookies were just starting to come out of the oven at nap time, so Eddie missed playing with frosting. Grammum decorated Eddie a special cookie which he ate (I mean licked) after dinner.

He enjoyed it.


Our friends Jim & Lisa arrived Thursday night in time to bring in the New Year! We had such a great evening playing games, talking & laughing! I was amazed that I not only made it to midnight...but to 2am! I haven't been up that late...for a long time.


They stayed with us until Saturday and as always, time goes so quickly. We are looking forward to getting together with them again!

Saturday night Janna & Troy were in town and we had our final Christmas party of the year. Well, of 2009. After dinner it was time for presents!


Aunt Janna & Uncle Troy gave Eddie what every little boy dreams of...foam swords! Grammie was showing Eddie how to fend off Daddy.


He practiced on Uncle Troy...


and showed Uncle Jon how to push his new ball with his sword.


Then, Eddie decided to spin quickly and accidentally clobbered Uncle Jon on the head! Oops!


Eddie was very excited about his new wagon from Grandpa & Grammie and loved pushing & pulling it around.


The party moved to our house for games and so we could get Eddie to bed. On the pretense of showing everyone Eddie's new big boy room, Grandpa opened the door to find a kayak! Christmas Day was his 60th birthday and the kayak was a gift from all of us.


To close out our Christmas vacation, Eddie & Mark had a sparring match before bed last night. (It is the perfect way to wind down)


We are now catching up from our busy weekend. We have had so much fun. We are so blessed, not only with our family & friends, but also with Mark's job and that he is able to have time off over the holidays that we can spend together.

1 comment:

Tripp said...

So glad that you recovered from the yucky flu. You guys have been busy.