Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Call the vet because

these puppies are sick!


On a trip to Target shortly after learning we were going to have a boy, Mark began Eddie's funny t-shirt collection. I remember when he held it up I said that it would be a long time before the baby would fit it. Well, I was hanging up summer clothing in Eddie's closet when I came across it. I think it shrunk a bit when I washed it, but still, it's almost too small! I kept thinking that it was 'so big' that he wouldn't fit it. Oops!

Yesterday after finding the new teeth and making excited phone calls to grandparents telling them the news, I ignorantly told them that his teeth really were not bothering him badly. I spoke too soon. Eddie woke up happy & I was excited to get his funny shirt on and get pictures before heading to work. I had taken several pictures when Mr. Grumpy Pants showed up and stayed all day.

This is the face I saw most of the day....


and this one...


I felt so bad for him. He whined, cried and produced the most disgusting things in his diapers. I knew I was in for a long day when I looked at the clock, saw 11am and I was trying to remember what time Mark said he was going to be home. Eddie & I ended up crawling into bed and cuddling most of the day away. We never made it into work (one of the many bonuses of working for your parents- they understand when he's sick). He was perking back up tonight - but I am wondering how many teeth he will be getting. Where did I put that baby book?

No comments: