Sunday, January 25, 2009

Busy, busy.

I've been keeping busy the last few days. Grammum says that you can almost see the wheels turning in my head. When I'm awake I'm always moving around and playing. Even with my new teeth and sore gums, I still love to chew on things, but sometimes I'll chew and then cry and then I just stick toys right back into my mouth.


On Friday Mommy and I were playing. I rolled away from her and put my feet up on the ottoman. Of course Mommy thought I looked so cute she grabbed the camera. When I saw the camera, well the cord that hangs from the camera, I reached for it. Mommy saw my booty up in the air and proceeded to pull the camera a little farther away from me. I went for it.


I've been able to launch myself forward. I use my arms like an army crawl, but the power comes from my legs. Daddy kept calling it an army crawl when he got home, so I had to show him a couple of times that it's my legs that actually get me moving. Mommy said I look like the inch worm toy that her neighbor had growing up.

Mommy said it's not quite crawling...but I'm able to slowly get myself where I want to go!


After my latest achievement I got to make some phone calls. I love to talk on the phone. Voicemail is very fun. I bable until it cuts me off.


I discovered Daddy's tie. I worked really hard trying to pull it out of his vest. I wondered what my fingers tasted like when I was done.


Saturday Jim & Lisa came for a visit. I have gotten so big since the last time that they saw me! I had so much fun playing with them! We went out to dinner, Mommy and Lisa scrapbooked and their was also a very intense wii doubles tennis match. Thankfully Daddy and Jim were victorious. I don't think that Jim would have been allowed to go home if they had lost. (Daddy can get a bit competitive) I am looking forward to seeing them again!


This morning I was supposed to be sleeping but when Mommy peeked in on me, I was licking my bumper.


She thought that was so funny. It was a win-win. Mommy got a good laugh and silly pictures of me, and I got to get out of bed!

2 comments:

Tripp said...

Liking the bumper is very tasty I've heard.

Deb said...

What a cute kid! I also have a breathable bumper :) we're such safe momma's.