Friday, August 8, 2008

Santa Clause in the brown truck

This is what my mom always called the UPS man when we were growing up. For awhile I thought he really was Santa. That is until Emily told me there is no such thing. I think that's the duty of all older siblings. I'm sure someday big brother Eddie will be telling a small sibling that the tooth fairy isn't real either.

Anyway, yesterday about 5:30pm I was praying for 'Santa' to arrive. Nursing has been a bit of an issue in our home. We are still working on it, but shortly after we got home from the hospital, we rented a pump. That pump had to go back today, or we would be charged for another month. I was close to throwing in the towel, but after seeing how much better Eddie does on mommy milk over formula, we decided to stick with it & spend the money to get a good pump.

Santa arrived a little before 6pm. Thank you Lord! My new pump arrived - I love it and it is about a 3rd of the size of the rental. While searching the Internet, reading reviews & looking for the best price, I came across this site: http://www.lactationcare.com/. You have to e-mail to get the prices, but it saved me $100 off a wonderful pump AND it comes with breastfeeding support. While I still get weekly calls from the lactation consultants from the hospital where we delivered (who are wonderful ladies!!), it is nice to know that support is there if I need it.

I just wanted to pass on the savings to anyone who may need it. :)

No comments: