Thursday, June 19, 2008

Oogie to the rescue


I work with my parents - so trust me when I say that I have the most excited & supportive bosses around, who could not be more thrilled that I'm popping out a kid. As we approached Little Feet's arrival I began to worry about the little things I do around the office & how they will get done while I'm recuperating & getting to know our baby. I am able to log in from home - so I am not worried about my e-mail & keeping up on what my dad needs for traveling...it's the mail opening, phone answering, server tape switching, things that come up everyday, that I was worried about.

In steps Oogie, my baby sister, who happens to be on summer break. She has been coming into the office lately to help out & learn the trade. I've also used her as my legs to make my copies & deliver mail so that I don't have to make a bathroom stop before every run. As long as I can keep Little Feet in for another week while she is on a mission trip, we'll be set until school starts in the fall. She did tell me if I can't get the baby out in the next 24 hours before she leaves - the baby has to wait until she gets home.

Oogie is actually Audrey. When she was little, we called her Oogie Boogie. I'm not sure why, but it stuck & I don't think she minds that we dropped the Boogie part.

2 comments:

The Cornell's said...

Oh my gosh... um, I haven't see Audrey or any pictures of her since she was like 7... HOKEY SMOKES she's not a little girl anymore. (I feel old...)

Jen said...

How wonderful that you don't have to worry about work and you can just focus on the babe. I feel the same as Bri...I remember Audrey when she was little too :)