Sunday, June 8, 2008

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged from The Tripp Tent. Here is a list of 5 random things about myself...

Number 1: I know that I'm pregnant & have the belly to prove it - but even as I held my friend's baby at the hospital yesterday - it was very hard to grasp that I have a baby inside me & will soon have one to take home! I'm thinking it won't feel real until our little baby is in my arms.

Number 2: I re-read books. Over & over. The same ones. I'll read it & put it back on our shelf for 6 months before I pick it up again to either re-read the entire book or just specifics of what I can't remember. It drives my hubby crazy! I do read new books too - but I'm more likely to grab an old one than to find something new. And I can't go to the library - I like to read in the tub.

Number 3: I wish I could cook. But I can't. I catch myself watching infomercials of people demonstrating products & think - I could do that...but I know in the back of my head that I can't or- won't. The magic product that will help me cook better & faster would just gather dust if I ever bought it. I watch cooking shows at my parents' house (we have basic, basic cable) and it makes me hungry & want to cook whatever they are cooking. It's when I 'try' things on my family that it gets scary. I made a meal for my family before I got married that is still talked about because it was so bad.

Number 4: In our closet, I separate my hanging clothing by colors. I start with white, move to colors & then black. The order that they are hung by color is determined by sleeve length. Starts with sleeveless & moves to long sleeve. It started 4 years ago when we were trying to sell our house. I had seen in a 'Sell This House' episode that color coding makes your closet look bigger. I didn't make Mark continue to have his clothing like this once we moved- but it stuck with me. I can sleep if it's out of order - but I prefer for it to be organized. I am only picky about hanging clothing. My shelves are a jumbled mess.

Number 5: I love the smell of gasoline. When I fill up the gas tank, the smell brings me to summer, to warm days spent on the lake and fun times with family & friends. While I do love the smell - I don't often fill up our gas tank - Mark is a sweetheart & keeps the Jeep full for me.

I'm going to tag Becky, over at Becky & the boys. I know she's busy with school being out - but hopefully she'll have time.

1 comment:

Tripp said...

Those are some funny things. I love that you color coordinate your clothes.