Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Mark!!

When I was first thinking of what to title this, the first thing that popped into my head was 'Happy Birthday Baby!' But then I thought that might send the wrong message. Little Feet is still happily tucked away in my tummy, so sorry for everyone whose heart momentarily caught in their throats, it's Mark's big day.

In church this morning we learned the husbands who kiss their wives often, live longer, have fewer car accidents & make more money. (Our sermon was about Joy and Pastor Rich always adds something that makes everyone laugh.) When we got home, Mark started to kiss me & count..'96, 97, 98'....He was counting how many more birthdays he is going to have. I asked him if he's got the joy in his life...he said 'Oh yeah!' Then I got a hug. I thought it was a fitting birthday sermon.

It was yesterday when I realized that I had not gotten Mark anything for his birthday. Whenever I asked him what he wanted, he would say either - 'I don't need anything' or 'the baby'. I just figured that I'd give him a baby. Yesterday, was when I realized that the odds of that were slim to none & I never came up with plan B. Oops! Good thing my mom is a planner & covered for me!

We had lunch at my parents' today. Mark asked for beef hamburgers & German chocolate cake. My mom makes the best German chocolate cake. She even makes extra topping so we can get a finger full from the pan after she puts it on the cake. Yum!

My family sings all the verses to Happy Birthday. ALL of them. Even the one where you have to sing all by yourself about how old you are. Mark was just about to blow out his candle, when we started on the 'God bless you today' verse.


O.K. - the song is done, now you're good.


Audrey felt bad that she was going to miss Mark's party - she did tell me she got a birthday card for him. She was trying to tell me about it on Friday, but was laughing so hard, she said I'd just have to wait. Mark loves funny cards and she did a great job picking one out, she was only bummed that she was going to miss the look on his face as he opened it. This next picture is for her. Mark was trying to read it, but we were all laughing so he had to read it several times. Audrey does have great timing, she called Mark while we were eating cake. She is having fun & apparently staying in a haunted church.


On the ride home I asked Mark what he wanted to do for the rest of the day. He said he wanted to relax. He read for awhile & fell asleep. That's what he's currently doing. Sleeping. Tonight we are headed to his parents for more yummy cake & then if we get really ambitious, take a walk....maybe watch a movie. We'll see. It's up to the birthday boy.

Its now after 10pm - we just got back from celebrating with Mark's parents and Julie & Jon. It was great to chat. We did have more birthday cake - no singing this time. Janna called from CA while we were there to wish him a happy birthday. Being the big party animal that I am these days, I think it's also just about time for bed. Mark said it was a great day - just what he wanted. Once again - Happy Birthday Mark - I love you.

No comments: