
You can kind of see the broken door in this picture, it looks fine from the driveway - but the big crack on the inside gives away it's weak spot. I was mainly going for the flowers in this. Don't look too closely, I haven't felt like weeding.
I was in my sleepy state after waking up from my nap today & trying to come up with all the good reasons for still being pregnant. I for some reason thought that Little Feet would be early. I can't tell you how many strangers told me that I wouldn't make it to my due date or when they hear my due date, can't believe that I've made it this far. Strangers have a lot of opinions.
Here are the wonderful perks of being pregnant/still being pregnant I came up with....
1. Naps. I have always been a nap person. I think it comes with being a DeLeeuw family member. Most of us can fall asleep anywhere at anytime. I used to feel guilty for taking a nap in the middle of the day. I have to say after 9 months of naps basically every day, I love them & the guilt is gone.
(Maddie took a nap with me today, I woke her up when I took her picture. She was a bit grumpy, until I rubbed her belly. We are friends again.)2. Backrubs. I have never gotten this many in my entire life. I just have to scrunch my face, point to where it hurts & Mark takes care of it.
3. Summer vacation. I am SO glad that the baby is coming in the summer & waited until after tennis camp was over! Mark is around a ton more. He is taking classes & spends lots of time on homework, but he's home. Right now...he's getting me chocolate milk. We discovered a new brand - Country Fresh. It was an emergency the other night & Spartan was too far away. I recommend it - very tasty and it's sold right around the corner from our house.
4. The wiggles. I am still enjoying all the wiggles that the baby is doing. I think I'm really going to miss them. I am excited to meet Little Feet - but I was reminded by another mommy that I will never get to experience this again with this baby once it's over. Each baby is different & I want to treasure the time we have now.
5. Easy parenting. My dad keeps reminding me that Little Feet has everything he/she needs right now. (Except stretching room) I always know where the kid is & I don't have too much to worry about. Once it's out, it's out & I'll get a whole new set of worries. Our pastor once compared being in the womb as close to Heaven that we'll experience on earth. I understand why Little Feet wants to stay inside.
That being said...anytime that Little Feet wants to come out is great with me! Last week people said that they would pray for me to pop the kid out right away...I have to admit that I was praying the opposite - I needed another week. Audrey has been gone on a mission trip & I knew it would break her heart to miss Little Feet's arrival.
Mark's mom's trip is done, Julie is back, my dad will be home tomorrow night and Audrey will be home early Sunday morning. I can now 'uncross my legs' as my mom has been joking. :)

1 comment:
I agree with you about the naps and backrubs!
Bad news about the garage door. I hope you have a backup plan! I think we'll be out this weekend- and watching!
Post a Comment