Last night I experienced my very first 'real' contractions. We had finished dinner at some friends' home when I began to feel them. I was trying to stay in the conversation with their wonderful daughter about the movie "Return to Neverland" with Jane & her adventures - but all I could think was...Yahoo...our baby is coming!! I did end up having to say...I think I'm having contractions...and I think I need to go home. I knew from the books that the odds that this was 'real labor' were slim to none - but in the back of my mind I was still hoping that it was the real deal.
Once home they did continue for a few hours - but with no regularity. It was getting late & Mark asked how I was feeling. I didn't think we'd have to make a dash to the hospital. He suggested that maybe we should pack a bag & go to sleep. I've had a semi-packed bag in our room for a few days now. I was never quite sure what to put into it. Last night we got to do a dry run of packing.

All is well today - I was a bit embarrassed that nothing happened last night - but oh well. I've never done this before. Mark keeps saying it was a good experience. I'm trying to take the advice of friends & keep doing things & not think of myself as a ticking time bomb. We could still have 3 weeks before Little Feet wants out. I think to help distract me, Mark suggested we grab Subway for dinner & go to the park. It was a great idea, we had a lot of fun - good thing the baby didn't come out last night - or we wouldn't have been able to get a belly picture by the water. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment