Monday, June 16, 2008

Do you like my party hat? Yes I like your party hat.

When I was growing up, the book that my sister Emily & I requested night after night was "Go Dog Go." We would always catch my parents if they tried to skip a page. It's about a dog that is trying to find his way to a party. A few years later when Audrey came along - she wanted the same book. My dad has been joking that he is going to read that book over & over to Little Feet so that it is asked for every night.

For Father's Day we got my dad a new copy of the book. Our family copy is falling apart. We also got him a copy of the book that Mark would make his parents read - "Fish Out of Water. " Dad hasn't read that one yet - so he is going to save it & read it to Little Feet so that they can both be surprised. So sweet.

In the afternoon we headed to a combination of Father's Day & Grandpa Keen's 80th birthday party.


It was great to see the Keen family again. We didn't end up staying for the whole party - contractions started up again & I was all around uncomfortable. I did begin to hope that this would be Mark's first father's day...but Little Feet is still enjoying being inside.

2 comments:

The O'Connor Family said...

Logan LOVES "Go Dog Go" I just read it to him 2 times last night. :)

lalligal said...

Ohhh! Go Dog Go was my favorite book as a child too! Our copy is falling apart as well! Lillian has a huge floor puzzle of the last page of the book with the dog party on top of the tree and the kids love putting it together! I can't WAIT to see you guys in July and snuggle that little one!