Wednesday, September 1, 2010

acting his age.


So. Last week I had a few sessions with Audrey. We tried some new locations and it really gave me the urge to drag our children out.


In my head I had the 'perfect' session in mind. Both kids would be smiley, happy and I would finally get a picture of them together, looking at the camera.

Silly Mama.

Of course we did not get out of the house as early as I had hoped and things quickly went downhill from there.

I thought if I let Eddie run around a bit with Mark, I could focus on Dani and then get the picture I've been dreaming to hang in the living room.


Silly Mama.

Most days Eddie does well with sharing and listening but then other days...not so good.

This was an other day.


While I did not love the tantrum that was taking place, I do love the photo. You can almost see the wheels in Mark's head turning. 'How am I going to respond?'

Mark pulled out our favorite Love & Logic saying and swept Eddie off to the van. Dani & I followed.

Dani's close-ups happened in our backyard.


There was no way I was going to get a picture of them together. Better luck next time. (hopefully)


I am very thankful that my friends keep reminding me that Eddie is 2. There is just no way around it, but it will pass.

I think hands down my favorite thing about taking Audrey's pictures is that she never ran away from me. She also smiled when I asked, looked at me, never had any tantrums or burst into tears.

O.k. that's 5 things. :)

2 comments:

Tripp said...

It is soooo frustrating when you can't get good pictures I know. I dream about fabulous pictures of my kids and never end up with them either. Keep trying :)

Stephanie said...

Oh, isn't that the way it always goes?! And yes, two is a tricky thing. I keep wanting to chalk up her sometimes aggravating behavior to deeper issues like...we were in China...but no, she's "just 2"!!!