Wednesday, August 4, 2010

child of God

On Sunday, Dani was baptized.


It was a very special day for our family. Dani wore my baptismal dress and was wrapped in the blanket that my Dad was baptized in. She was adorable.

In my head I pictured Mark & I holding our children standing before friends and family pledging to bring Dani up in the Lord. While we did do that...I did not anticipate that while Pastor Matt was reading the verses, my silent prayer would be that I would not lose my grip on Eddie.

I hardly heard a word that Pastor Matt said...I am not even positive what I promised to do.

I do know that once Mark & I said, 'we do, God helping us', the words 'a lot' just sprung from my mouth.

We joked after the service that everyone got a good look into our life. At first Eddie wouldn't even sit by us. He had BOTH Grandpas in the sanctuary and did not make it a secret that he would rather be by them. Once he did join us, he squirmed and loudly pointed out the guitar and drums at the front of church. About this time Dani began to cry out in Mark's arms.

This is when I pulled out the fruit snacks and Mark motioned to Matt to speed things up.

When we were up in front of church, Eddie continued to squirm. (now he could see his Grandpas) All we could do was laugh.

This is my favorite picture from the day. I had my arms clamped on Eddie, Dani has her pacifier because she was squirming and Mark is laughing.


The rest of the day was great. We had coffee and cake at church and then immediate family out to Mark's parents' house for lunch. I did a bad job & didn't take pictures - I didn't even get one of the 4 of us. (I had forgotten to get one of the 3 of us at Eddie's baptism and had even told Mark the night before to remind me...but we both still forgot!) It was really nice to sit back and relax with our family.

The service wasn't what I had expected, but it was still perfect. We were able to celebrate Dani with our families and our church family. (And though I did want Eddie to stay by us, I do think it is sweet how much he loves his Grandpas and wants to be with them.)

While Pastor Matt carried Dani around the church so everyone could see her, her slide show played:

3 comments:

Tripp said...

Congrats! This is a special day! What a sweet picture of her to start out with.

Charrie said...

Such a special day for you guys. Was really disappointed that I had to work and missed it! Lauren was excited that the kids got to stand up close and watch. Congrats!
Charrie

The O'Connor Family said...

Congrats!! What a special day for your family-and it sounds like it really won't ever be forgotten!! I'm bummed we missed it!! I had to teach class in our church. And I love the slide show too!!