Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Out numbered.

This morning was the first outing on my own with both kids. We've gone for walks & played in the backyard, but this was packing everyone into the van & leaving our neighborhood. While I was not sure how it would go...I was looking forward to it.

Before we left, I asked Eddie to lay by his sister while I got his shoes on.


He patted her tummy and told me he was burping her.


Who would have thought minutes after this sweet moment, I would discover that Dani had blown out her diaper and needed a complete outfit change. It was a good thing I padded our time to get out the door because we needed every second of it!

Dani was sleeping by the time her name was called and was not happy about being woken up.


Even with a few tears, the appointment went great! She has gained 2lbs since her 5 day appointment & is up to 9 lbs 3 oz. It puts her around the 35th percentile for weight and she is still in the 25th percentile for height at 18.5 inches tall.

The kids have the same doctor and he commented what a little peanut that she is compared to her brother, Eddie was never in the 25th percentile! :)

Everything checked out great and soon we were headed out. She didn't cry for the entire visit, but she had just started to drift off again when I got her dressed and put her in her seat. She wasn't impressed.


Eddie amazed me. He did jump around and sit in almost all the chairs in the waiting room, but calmed down when we got to the examination room. I couldn't talk him into eating his breakfast before we left, so he sat quietly in the chair eating chex.


My kids amazed me. I know the prayer I sent up before we left helped, but I didn't expect them to be that good!

It makes me look forward to our next outing!

[Even if I know not all of them will go that well. :) ]

1 comment:

Tripp said...

That makes me laugh that he sat in all the chairs in the waiting room :)