I can't believe that it has been a week already since Dani joined our family. It has gone quite quickly!
We had a c-section scheduled for 7:30am on Wednesday the 14th. It turned out to be scheduled just in time because labor started at night on the 13th. It didn't really pick up until morning, and by the time we got to the hospital on Wednesday, I was ready. I did not care to have recovery from labor and a c-section again. (We had a planned c-section because I had one with Eddie. All I wanted was a healthy baby and it didn't matter to me how it got out.)
The day couldn't have gone better.
We were at the hospital by 6am...walking back to surgery by 7:25am and at 7:51am Dani had arrived! I wasn't feeling the best after surgery (my blood pressure kept dropping) but that passed and soon I was feeling great! Well, maybe not great...but I did have a lot of pain killers. :)
Soon we were ready to snuggle our little girl!
It has been a wonderful week! I did forget how often newborns get up...but I know that soon she will be letting me get more sleep. (Right?!?) Eddie has been adjusting really well. He likes to hold her and really wants to carry her. Even though I always tell him no, it is adorable when he reaches his arms up and asks.
I am SO thankful for our families...I don't know what we would do without their help!!
Here are a few pictures from our first week as a family of 4...
2 comments:
Ok, that song is way too perfect! I cried like three times during the slideshow....what a great keepsake for you too!
BEAUTIFUL! The slide show is amazing! What a precious blessing your new sweet pea is!
Post a Comment