Sunday, October 4, 2009

good times & the park

Friday night we left for a whirlwind trip to the Windy City. We spent more time on the road than we did in Chicago, and it was totally worth it. We met up with a bunch of college friends for Trinity's 50th anniversary.

Oh my goodness, we had so much fun. It doesn't seem to matter how much time passes between gatherings. We laugh and joke and the 'old stories' never seem to get old.


We ran into so many other people and it was wonderful to catch up. Mark ran into his favorite professor, Dr. Diephouse. He is actually the man who got Mark to become an English teacher. It was such a wonderful trip down memory lane.

Mark went up and sang with the alumni choir...can you find him?


This might help.


Or...not. Good thing he is tall or I wouldn't have been able to find him. We were in the balcony and it was hard to get a good picture. Even though Doug was a tad frustrated that we were up there, I think it was perfect. It didn't matter when we laughed loudly.

Before we knew it, it was time to head home. Mark had to be back in the morning for a tennis tournament. We were quite sure it was going to be canceled because of all the rain, but we needed to be home just in case. We got home shortly after 2am. (Mark did get a phone call in the morning and tennis was canceled.)

Pictures were displayed in the lobby...Mark made the board...in a skirt. :)


Eddie had a sleepover with Grandpa, Grammum & Auntie Audrey. He was thoroughly spoiled. Grandpa said that he is not positive, but quite sure that Eddie can walk on water. That little boy has them wrapped around his cute little finger!


Saturday afternoon the rain stopped long enough for us to take a walk and for the playground equipment to become mostly dry.


Eddie liked the merry-go-round as long as I didn't spin them too fast.


He loved driving this car.


And he used his buns to dry the slide.



I tired to get a family photo before we headed home. But Eddie was done and I snapped the photo just as the sun peeked out from behind the clouds. It isn't the greatest...but I still like it.


What a wonderful weekend...and the weekend isn't even over yet!

2 comments:

Tripp said...

How fun!!! to see some trinity alum.

Jen said...

Great pictures! Eddie is growing so much! I hope you are feeling great and I love the new look to the blog!