I do realize that if you enter contests it increases your odds of winning, but I just don't have that kind of luck, anyway, it got me thinking about all of Eddie's cute shirts that he has out-grown.

The ones he wore a lot because I thought they were cute are showing their wear.

Once he outgrew them I packed them away. If it wasn't for the flood, I wouldn't have looked at them since.

Would I like that I made a blanket out of them...or wish I had them for the next kid to wear? (this is why I didn't enter b/c I didn't know if I wanted to 'ruin' his old clothes.)

Because they are worn, will I put them on the next kid?
Will I always think 'oh, that's Eddie's' about some clothing?

What is your advice? Should I make one? (I don't plan to send it away to that website, but try my hand at it. I've had lots of practice with the sewing machine lately making bibs and I think I've improved and am ready for a challenge.)
I am leaning towards making one. I know I have to be sure of myself before I cut up anything...but I'd like some other points of view.
Thanks!!
4 comments:
I've heard of moms making quilts for their kids when they start college, using all the t-shirts that they wore. I think it's a great keepsake no matter when you do it!
I think I would wait. I loved seeing Carter in some of my old favorite Sam outfits. If you have another boy in the future, then you wouldn't be able to do that. But if they are getting worn, then maybe you wouldn't have #2 wear them anyway. Tough one! I agree with Bonnie, it will make a special keepsake no matter when you make it.
I reused my clothes. It was fun to see the 2nd and 3rd in things the first wore and it was much cheaper.
Since both my boys were born around the same time I reused. I would maybe wait, but WHAT A GREAT IDEA!
Post a Comment