Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hooky

Half of our home is torn apart at the moment. It would be logical to assume that we would spend every free minute putting it back together. But instead...we've been having some fun. With Mark gone to Washington DC last week and having weekend classes we have been squeezing in some play time.

Yesterday it was introducing Eddie to his pool...


And today Eddie went for his first boat ride! He did so great and really enjoyed it! We were a little worried he would try to dive over the side, but he sat pretty well. Even loading & unloading went smoothly- it was perfect.


We still have been working on the house...because...well...we are getting sick of this chaos, and it would be nice to have a stove again. With the counter tops and back splash finished, the next project is the floors. Ripping up floors really isn't up my alley, so I got as much of the painting done as I could while Mark was gone. Now that he's home...the floors have come up.

Here is the old floor. It wasn't until the carpet was up that we learned that we have multiple layers of linoleum.

The before floor:


We have our current floor...a sub-floor...linoleum that looks very similar to what we currently have...the original linoleum and then it is the real sub-floor. I did tell Mark that if the original linoleum was in good shape...we could just go with that...it's awesome. Big brown flowers.

Mark put up plastic while cutting out the top sub-floor.


Eddie was still rockin' his sunscreen mohawk tonight after the boat ride.


Here is the linoleum that was under the sub-floor. Look familar? I wonder what made someone decide to put new linoleum over this...I totally understand covering up the brown flowers...but I wish when you bought a house you could ask questions like that. Or get a little book of stories to explain why they chose what they did. Like...why did they put carpet in the dining room?


With the flooring now underway, the fridge has joined the rest of the dining room furniture in the living room.


And here is the empty dining room. Without the table under the light...Mark smacks his head on the light almost everytime he goes in there. You can hear his 'aahh' everytime he smacks into it.


If all goes well...our home will be put back together this weekend!!!

2 comments:

Tripp said...

I am glad that you are taking some time out for yourself and doing some fun things.

Anonymous said...

I like this setup. Watch a movie and can grab a cold beverage without even getting up. ;)