Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Me!

The Mama over at My Charming Kids, fesses up to the funny, somewhat embarrassing things that have happened during the week by saying she didn't actually do them. She calls them, Not me Mondays. I thought I'd join in the fun....


On Saturday I did not take my son to a double header and forget to put sunscreen on his face. I did not feel awful and embarrassed about his bright red cheeks that, when we got home I told my hubby his cheeks were flushed from being outside and not sun burned.


I did not constantly attack my son with lotion Saturday night to try and get the red out.

While his cheeks were looking a lot better, I did not think about staying home from church on Sunday because I thought his red cheeks would scream to the congregation that I was a bad Mommy and didn't take good care of my son. (I also never over think things...and make crazy jumps in logic) I was not relieved when we all woke up with head colds and had a real reason to stay home.

With my son's runny nose, I do not use my sleeve to wipe it in a pinch. I do not then fold up the sleeve and continue to wear a booger shirt. That is so gross. I also do not use my clothing to wipe his drool and I certainly would not have used my shirt yesterday to wipe my son's feet after his Daddy dipped his toes into cold, dirty pool water. That is not me.


I most definitely did not talk to a bottle last night about how much I despise it when it leaks. What kind of crazy person would do that? When the bottle dripped on the carpet in the dining room I did not just rub it into the carpet and think, 'plenty good' because we will be replacing that flooring soon anyway.

I do not do any of these things. That is certainly not me.

3 comments:

annies home said...

I despise those bottles as well

Sarah said...

Hilarious! I also did not forget to apply sunscreen to my baby's face while walking around Kinderplaatz for 3 hours in the middle of the afternoon. I DID however show up for church the next day! :)

Jenny said...

The leaking bottle/'plenty good' carpet cleaning sounds like a page out of my book...