Monday, March 2, 2009

growing SO fast

Wow little man. You are 8 months old already. I can't believe it. You are growing so fast. I was thinking yesterday that life is never dull, you keep me on my toes. As soon as I get used to one stage...you start to do something new. :)


You are in the midst of your first 'real' cold. It's been...an experience. Last night we ended up at Prime Care. You had been coughing a little bit, but nothing I was worried about. Then when you got up from your nap, you were wheezing. I called the doctor and when he asked what was wrong with you, the first thing that popped into my head was the penguin from Toy Story 2. I was thinking that your squeaker was broken.


The doctor sent us to Prime Care and you were diagnosed with RSV and the start of an ear infection. No fun. You are a little trouper. You are still happy and playful. I've already noticed a big difference and can tell you are getting better. While it's no fun to give to you, your medication is helping.

Overall I am so thankful for your health!! Up to this point you've only had a fever and I'm quite sure that was because of your teeth. Last night when we were at Prime Care, it took Daddy and 2 nurses to hold you down to get a boogie sample to test. The nurse holding your legs told me how strong you are. If they would have been able to wait, I'm sure you would have sneezed for them. You've been doing lots of that. :)


You are so inquisitive. Always looking around trying to figure things out. In the last few weeks it seems like you've made a big jump and your old toys are 'baby' toys. While you still like to chew on the duck...it isn't as interesting as a book, buttons or knocking down a stack of blocks. I've gotten you a few new toys, but it is the everyday items that you lunge for. You love the tv remote, the phone and my water bottle.


This is my latest Craigs List buy for you. It has 4 legs and you usually have to stand by it. I decided to cut you some slack because you are sick and took the legs off to make it easier to play with. Your cheeks are getting really red again. I don't know if it is because you are sick...or if you have more teeth coming in. I can't feel them, but that doesn't mean they are not there!


When you are feeling good, you like to stand up. You've become good friends with the ottoman and the couch.


You've been gaining speed with your army/wiggle butt crawl. You can now go from sitting to your tummy. Traveling the length of the living room is no problem. It's a strange looking way to get around, but it gets you where you want to go!


Daddy and I love you so much! We are so blessed by you! Can't wait to see what you do next!

1 comment:

Tripp said...

Oh poor little man with RSV. Happy 8 little man!