You weighed in at 21.4 lbs and 27 inches tall. You came in between the 75th & 80th percentile. Which I think makes sense because you are 7 1/2 months old and not 6 months. The Dr. asked how tall Daddy was. When I told him 6'4" he said, 'yup...I can see that'. It makes me think that you are going to be tall like Daddy! Just so you know, even if you are taller than Daddy, you will always be my baby!! I do promise not to make your belly button talk when you are as tall as Daddy. I don't think you will find it as funny as you do now. :)
I realized that I never did your monthly update for 7 months! When I think back on the last month of how you have grown and what you have learned it can be summed up as a lot!!
You are such a happy little guy! You love to play. Sometimes we will be playing on the floor & I just watch you. I love to see you think things out and figure out how to chew on it!

Your hair really started to come. It lays down in the front, but sticks straight up in the back. It is also very light. Sometimes it almost looks red. Daddy & I are not sure where that comes from....?

You LOVE your Daddy!! You love to play with him and you love to ride on his shoulders. You only get a little bit of drool in his hair! I am trying to teach you to hang on to his ears...but you haven't picked that up yet. :) Daddy went away overnight to a conference and you both missed each other like crazy! We met him in the garage when he got home. You couldn't see him right away, but as soon as you heard his voice you started to squeal and wiggle and tried to get to him. It was so cute!

You love Mommy too. You've started to reach for me which is so wonderful. It makes me feel special. (you reach for other stuff too...Daddy, a bottle, toys...I still love it when you reach for me) I love to see your excitement when you see me after a nap. You get all excited and hold your arms out to me.

You love to talk. You are a little jabber box. Mamama, bababa & gurgles are still your favorites. You also like it when we, I don't know how to explain it, but we move our fingers over your mouth and it breaks up the sound. You find that so funny. You have a high squeal and a low growel. Daddy says he hopes you settle on a voice in between the two. :)
Here you are jabbering to me while we are folding laundry. I have to put you in the laundry basket because if you sit by me, you undo all my work. You are able to get around by yourself now & I have to keep a close eye on you. You get around by rolling or pulling yourself by your arms and then sliding your legs.

You cut your bottom teeth this month. The Dr. asked me how it went. I said better than I expected. He listed all the things that can happen, fever...diaper rash...discontentment...I said that you were basically grumpy & drooly. He said, 'A grumpy Eddie? That is hard to imagine'. You are such a happy guy.

You make such goofy faces & let me take your picture a lot. When your bathing suit arrived in the mail, I couldn't wait to try it on you. You looked at me like - seriously?

Most of the time you give me smiles & laughs.

You like to stand up. You do lots of standing by me holding my shoulder. You do a really good job but it doesn't take long before you lose your balance. After a fall, you are ready to get up and try again.

You are a good little eater. So far you are good about trying things, but you are not afraid to let me know if you don't like something. The only food that we've found so far that makes you lock your lips tight is rice cereal. Here you are with carrots. You got the spoon away from me while I was trying to get your picture...

It's been a month full of surprises and growing...I can't wait to see what you do next! Always remember that Daddy & I love you so much & are so proud of you!
Love, Mommy
1 comment:
Love the picture of the cloth diaper buns!
Post a Comment