Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bananas

***Warning!!***
this is a poo story.


Eddie has become a good little eater. As long as I don't try to feed him rice cereal, he is willing to try anything. He enjoys his vegetables, especially sweet peas.


Yesterday Eddie tried fruit for the first time. Bananas. He loved them. Kept wanting more.


Audrey was over and I joked with her that I would 'pay' for his fruit experience. Joked that it would clean his little system out.

Well, this morning it wasn't so funny. Eddie had woken up after a half hour from his morning nap (he will usually sleep an hour and a half). It didn't take me long to figure out why. His diaper was a mess. While gross, that wasn't the problem.

While I had his feet in one hand and was reaching for the wipes with the other hand...Eddie reached for the diaper. Suddenly I was spouting lots of, "oh my goodness!", "oh, nonononono" and "don't put that in your mouth!!!".

I had to drop his feet and grab his hands. It didn't take me long to see I was losing the battle. I kept it out of his mouth...but got it just about everywhere else. Eddie got a bath & we both got clean clothing.


While he was splashing and playing in the tub I was able to laugh. It's been an exciting morning and I wonder what adventures the rest of the day will hold!

4 comments:

Jen said...

eeeew...good job keeping it out of his mouth, at least it didn't happen at a store or something. Usually bananas have the opposite effect...I'm sure you'll have some more poopy stories to come, gotta love it!

Mike, Lori, Jonathan and Owen Walsh said...

Oh No!!1 Glad it was you and not me :) Now watch I will have that same problem.

Tripp said...

Oh man I hate when that happens. It seems like they do that when they have one of the messiest diapers.

The Cornell's said...

Oh my goodness... that is GROSS! I like how you predicted that you would pay for it later. :) That is going to be a great story when he's older. My parents still remind me (a little too much) about a particular poop story from when I was little. :)