I usually feed Eddie while he is sitting in his bumbo. It works well and I like facing him when I'm trying to get the food into his mouth. While Mark & I eat dinner, Eddie sits in a chair that hooks onto the table, but he usually ends up on one of our laps. I have not fed him while in his chair by the table because our round table puts him at a strange angle from me. I wonder about a high chair because Eddie will be eating more and more food in the coming months and I don't want all our meals to be picnic style. :)
I do wonder if part of the driving force behind this is because when I started to look for a high chair I found a very cute one that would look extremely cute in our kitchen. How can you not love it! :P

While thinking about the high chair and not wanting to pay the price tag on it if I'm not going to use it all the time, I turned to Craigs List. I was thinking just maybe someone would have one and no longer wanted it. Of course that didn't happen. But it did get me searching for baby items.
I found some deals. :) I've always thought that jumperoos looked like lots of fun. I found a very nice jumper for a hard to pass up price, so Mark was nice enough to meet a stranger in a parking lot to buy it. After lots of scalding hot water and Clorox Anywhere Spray, Eddie now is jumping away. Some of the stickers are missing because I scrubbed so hard, but I don't think he cares. :)

So, long story...well, I was going to say long story short, but this has just become a long story. Craigs List was a success, and I will be looking there again, but I'm no closer to figuring out the whole high chair issue.
I am asking for advice on this. Should I get a high chair...or not? Is it worth it to save up for the 'pretty one' that I don't think I'll find on Craigs List? Will I use it a lot?
I appreciate your help! :)
5 comments:
Jen, I am addicted to craigslist myself!!!! We got Owens jumperoo from that too.
Regarding the high chair, we use it all the time!! We used it for Jonathan until he was like 2. Plus if you have more kids, it will be helpful for them. The highchair you picked is mega cute! I would buy it. Granted Owen is a little fussier so we end up having him on our laps too. But we just turn the highchair and a chair to feed him so we are head on. I hope this helps.
Jen, we second the vote for a highchair. Mikail is a busy little girl and the highchair has become my saving grace with housework lately. It's perfect for doing dishes or cooking. I give Mikail some sort of a snack and roll her over by me while I do work around the kitchen. We spent alot on our highchair (we call it the Cadillac of high chairs) but I would do it all over again if I could. We also have a thing that hooks onto the side of the table and Mikail only likes it when we go to restaurants. There ya go...my 2 cents!! :) Eddie is getting so handsome and BIG! I think he is bigger than Mikail (she is 15 1/2 lbs and almost 1 year).
We just got a high chair to start cereals. I looked at Craigslist as well but finally decided this is one item that we will use for YEARS, not just six months at a time. I LOVE the chicco stuff, and that highchair. I always read user reviews (target, babiesrus sites usually have good ones) so that helps. So my vote is go for it!
We have a high chair and used it forever with Mya and now with Owen. It is very nice to keep them contained and nice to move it wherever you want...another option are the seats that strap on to a dining room chair, esentially the same thing, but WAY cheaper...they have a snap on tray too, and you can take it with you. The only downfall is you lose the use of 1 chair. We have one of those also and use it a ton for cookouts and eating at friend's houses. They're not as cushy and comfy than the big high chairs though. May I suggest if you do get a big one to get one with a vinyl seat, or something easy to wipe clean.
Definitely get a highchair! And get the simplist one you can find. If Eddie is even remotely like James or Lilli there will be food in every single nook and cranny and crack! Stay far far away from anything with a cloth seat and or ruffles unless you want to be throwing it in your washer after every meal! I learned the hard way with Lilli!
Post a Comment