I thought I was so smart.
Emily came to play...that was about all that went right.

Turns out 3 hours wasn't enough time for the patches to dry. We went on to plan B. The kitchen was going to be the same color...so I started on that. Our kitchen is rather tiny, so Mark moved onto the bathroom and started to sand in there. (our next project)
By the time I had the kitchen primed, Mark had the bathroom basically sanded and Emily had Eddie bathed, fed and in bed. I was ready for bed as well, but Mark was ready for the next project. He started to put the color on the walls.
As the color 'banana pudding' went up, I kept telling myself - it will be better in the light of day.

Well, this morning the light of day came in and I don't like it. At all. Looking at the picture it's not so bad...but in real life...yuck. Now I'm not sure what color to go with. I'm leaning away from banana pudding yellow.
I've also reneged on my promise to only throw one room into disarray at a time. Shoot. The dining room is still a mess, I've left the painters tape up in the kitchen and the bathroom is not looking too good either. It's a work in progress.

2 comments:
Bummer that you don't like the color. Thats always disappointing. On a good note-your dining room looks bigger to me with the paneling gone!
i liked the paneling. i'm sad to see it go. j/k ;)
Post a Comment