
Naming Eddie was much harder than I expected it to be. I'd grown up naming dolls and dreaming of what to name my future baby. I had names all picked out, ready to go. It wasn't until I'd actually become pregnant that I realized none of them were right. I asked Mark what we should name our growing baby. Everything he came up with was off the wall and not at all serious...at least I hope he wasn't serious.
It wasn't until I began to have a little baby bump that Mark came up with possible names, and most of those got shot down. Eventually we both agreed on a girl's name, but were stuck for a boy's first name. If it was a boy, I really wanted to name the little guy after my dad, Calvin. Mark thought that was great, so the middle name was set.
The real discussions began for a first name. We came up with names we both liked - but they didn't seem to fit. It wasn't until Mark talked about how much he liked his middle name that Edwin came into the picture. He liked that it is a family name. It's his dad's middle name too and also his great uncle's. He said we could call him 'Eddie'.
I thought that I was having a girl, so I didn't think that we would need a boy's name this time around. At an ultra-sound we noticed a surprise between the little legs. We knew we were having a boy! On the car ride home Mark said - Edwin Calvin? I said, yup, and we began to call my belly Eddie. It was the strangest experience. We only talked about it together. It was our own little secret until he popped out & we could share our excitement of our little boy.
Now, 8 weeks later, I think it's the perfect name. He's our little Eddie and he is named after the most amazing men who love and care for him. I can't think of better role models for him as he becomes a man. Although, I wouldn't mind if he stayed mumma's baby for a little while. :)
1 comment:
What a great idea to blog about that. I love his name! VERY STRONG!
Post a Comment