Friday 7/18 - first trip to a restaurant. We met my dad by his job site for lunch. Eddie did great. He ate before we left home & slept through the whole experience. He's being quite easy on me. I'm just waiting for a diaper blow-out or a crying fit to come when we are not at home or at his grandparents. I have learned to carry 2 extra onesies with me. 1 has not been enough.
After lunch, we hit the mall on the way home. I just needed to return an outfit & get a larger one for him. It's amazing how long he is and how fast he is growing. 2 piece outfits fit great & he has room to grow yet, but the one piece ones are just right, and I'm not sure how much longer they will fit.

Sunday 7/20 - first night in his crib. Eddie has been sleeping in our room since we've gotten home. His room is right next to ours...but I wasn't ready to be that far away. We have been able to get some sleep, but Mark has had a hard time with him in our room. He hears every move he makes & jumps up to make sure he is alright. Mark mentioned Eddie sleeping in his own room on Friday & gave me a few days to get used to the idea. Sunday night was his first night in his room.
It went well, until about 3am. I went to get him, confused why he was up again - he had eaten an hour before. I found the answer the moment I picked him up. His back was wet & the bed underneath him. I didn't feel like changing the sheets at that moment & was glad that we had not taken the bassinet down in our room. So his first night in his bed was quickly followed by the first time he wet the bed.
Monday 7/20 - his 1st tub bath. Eddie had been getting sponge baths up until yesterday because his umbilical cord was taking a bit longer to fall off. He screamed through all of them & we did not expect the bath to go any better. We've also been joking that baptism is not going to go well. He did scream when I first got him in the tub - but once he was used to the water, he settled in & didn't complain again until I was drying him off & putting on his lotion.
1 comment:
you are better than I. It took me 3 months to move my baby out of my room :)
Post a Comment