Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Introducing Little Feet...


Edwin Calvin


At 12:28pm Eddie came out screaming. 8 lbs 13 oz and 21 inches long. He is the same length as Mark was when he was born - Eddie is just a few oz lighter. He has some dark peach fuzz hair and, as Aunt Emily said, he is perfect. 10 little fingers & 10 little toes. His grandpas & grandmas think he is perfect as well. I loved the looks on everyone's faces when they met him for the first time. We are trying to figure out who he looks like...the jury is still out on that one.

Mark changed the first diaper - Eddie almost needed another bath. It was close to being a 'dipper' as my dad calls it. That name is reserved for the special diapers, when the poo is up the back & the only way to get them clean is to shower them off.

We praise God for Eddie. We are all doing wonderfully & on cloud nine. We ended up with a c-section, it went really well and I am feeling good. It hasn't quite sunk in yet and it is hard to believe that he is ours! As Mark has just said - life doesn't get any better than this.

Thank you for your prayers!

7 comments:

Tripp said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting. I thought you might be having the babe when I didn't see any activity over here. He is beautiful!!!! Boys are fun :)

Ken Litscher said...

Woo hoo! Congrats guys! Boys are great! Can we bring y'all a meal next week and come see you? Let us know when would be an ok time. Glad everyone is doing well!

Kim said...

We are so excited for you guys!! Congratulations and good job Mark at changing the first diaper!! Kim for the Brinks

The Cornell's said...

Yeah! Congratulations Mark and Jen!! He is beautiful. :)

Jen said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for your family! Lil' Eddie sure is a cutie!! I hope your recovery goes well. That is so funny about the dipper diaper...I'm sure you'll see many more of those!

Bonnie De Jong said...

Congrats Mark and Jen!
Sherry, Annika, and I hope to stop by the hospital tomorrow to "ooh and aah" over Eddie!!
Blessings to all of you and get some rest, Jen, because you won't get much when you go home:-)
Aunt Bonnie

MollyBazan said...

Mark and Jen, Congratulations!!!!

He is so cute! i cant wait to hold my new/old neighbor!