Sunday, June 9, 2013

Swimming - Week Two



Week Two Highlights


Eleanor
  • changed to being 1st in the pool instead of last.  Before she would watch her brother and sister swim and cry more and more as it got to her turn.  Going first is helping her be a little less worked up when she get in (still cries...but now she isn't whimpering for 20 min :)
  • while she doesn't love lessons, her actions are showing that she is getting more comfortable.  She is no longer thrashing as much and waving her hands as much in the water
  • her shoulders and hips are turning in the same direction.  This is HUGE!  Last week her shoulders went one way and her hips the other.  She isn't fighting herself anymore
  • she is twisting herself around in the water...AWESOME!!! 
  • still gives me the stink eye that breaks my heart.  As much as I want to 'rescue' her - her lessons are just too important.  Totally falls into the 'I'm doing this for your own good' category and 'you'll thank me later'.  A few phrases I remember thinking I'd NEVER use once I had kids.  Oooo! I also heard 'you're building character'.  I've already used that one on Ed. :)


 Eddie
  • can we say SIT DIVE?!?  He is so unbelievably proud of himself for this one!!  
  • Last week he was doing floating-flipping-swimming, this week it was diving-swimming-floating-flipping-swimming!!!  He swam almost the entire length of the pool!
  • LOVES swimming.  (We even have been playing swimming at home...see below :)
 

 Dani
  •  last week was floating and swimming...this week...FLIPPING!!  She is now working on her float-FLIP-swim
  • finds it hilarious when her splashes get Mr. Michael wet
  • She also LOVES swimming and has been disappointed when we haven't been able to go this weekend

 ---------------------------
Eddie and Dani were also super excited to show off their skills to Grandpa & Grandma on Friday.


 And as the saying goes, imitation is the sincerest for of flattery...

Grandpa asked Eddie if he can walk on water yet.  
Eddie said 'no...but Mr. Michael can'.

No comments: