And it has been nuts since then.
Well...actually it has been nuts since about late October.
That's when we met with our realtor and leaned all about staging a house.
Oh my! The next 6-ish weeks were spent painting almost every surface of our house. Or at least it felt like we were painting every surface. It was actually a fascinating - albeit exhausting - process.
We've had so many nights of falling into bed and one of us (usually me) would ask the other (usually Mark) if we were there yet. The answer was always - we're almost there.
We listed right before the holidays (more because we were to the point that it was time to list and be done, February was when we were told things really pick up) we had some showings (buyers loved it, but said we had a small kitchen and only one bathroom...which we knew ;)), things really picked up mid-February and early March we accepted an offer!
Before we closed my sister Emily took some pictures of us out front.
This was such a sweet little house that I think I will always love, but it was time for us to move on.
I actually thought I would cry when it came to closing, but after 3 weeks of dealing with a mistake on our neighbor's mortgage (seriously crazy!! A mistake was made on his mortgage saying that 10 feet of our land was his and we couldn't close until it was cleared up.) where we were not sure if we were going to lose our deal because of how long it was taking to get cleared up and TONS of stress, I was pretty giddy when it came to signing my name on the closing papers.
We closed this past Friday.
As we drove away, Mark looked at me and told me, 'we're there!!'
For now we have settled into my parents' basement while we look for our new home near Mark's school. We have the luxury of being able to take some time to find the right home for us. We are SO going to take advantage of that. This whole experience has definitely taught me that I do not want to move often! :)



3 comments:
Wonderful news! Congratulations on selling your house!
HOORAY! We are thinking about starting this whole process too.
So exciting! Tons of work- but very exciting!! Good luck as you start your moving adventure!! If you need an awesome realtor I can send you the name of ours- she was seriously amazing!!! :)
Post a Comment