Saturday, February 4, 2012

our little glow worm

 Eleanor failed her bilirubin test on Monday.

 A bili-blanket arrived at our home that night.


She was our little glow worm until yesterday
afternoon when we got the ok to unplug her.

Woo Hoo! 

It was overwhelming at first - but once we got used to it, it really went well.
(the blanket has about a 10ft cord on it, so we set up the livingroom with the pack & play so we wouldn't have to unplug & re-plug her all the time.)

While it was a nice set-up (machine wise)- I was quite excited when I got the call that she could come off it.  Mainly because she wouldn't have to be plugged in & have daily blood tests - but I was also excited to get her dressed! 

It is SO wonderful to see (and snuggle) her off her power cord!!


1 comment:

Tripp said...

Jaundice is so hard. so glad that she is doing better.