Monday, April 18, 2011

Birthday weekend...

We had a wonderful whirlwind weekend.  Because we forgot to give Dani her presents on her birthday (terrible right?!?  I couldn't believe it when we were headed to bed Thursday night and saw the box 'hiding' her gifts above our dresser), we gave her presents to her on Friday night. 

She liked them...and we got a glimpse of the green eyed monster from Eddie.  After a time out, he did ask Dani if he could play with her new toys...and things went smoother. :)

Saturday morning we set to baking Dani's cake.  Eddie was a great little helper and once he was done dumping things into the mixer, had great fun playing in the sink.  I was reminded that you do not walk away from a 2 1/2 year old while he is playing with the water sprayer.  You will end up wet and have a huge puddle to dry up.  (I made him mop it up with me...for some reason my screams of 'no, no, no, no!' had no effect on him. :)

Even though we were damp, our cakes turned out great.
I am still sorting the pictures of the big party yesterday...I took a few. :) 

No comments: