Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Cards Past & Present

I love holiday cards.

Love them.

I love the thrill of going to the mailbox to see what has arrived.

While I do love them all, my favorite are the picture cards.

Over the years we have made many statements with our cards...is statement the right word?  (every year that we've been married, I've bought a frame ornament so we can look back on past years photos...)

We moved to a new home and got our picture taken on the roof
(I hated every second I was up there!)


The next year we were on a Christmas Story kick and took a photo with my parent's flagpole.  (this generated many phone calls because of the belief that Mark actually stuck his tongue to the pole)

We announced that Eddie was on his way. (it's a bun in the oven...this was confusing to some)

Last year I had hoped for a 'normal' card with a cute family photo...but that didn't happen.

I ran into my cousin last week and she asked what we were planning for this year.  

It got me thinking...what are we planning?

This weekend I visited my friend's blog.

I found out that Shutterfly is offering 50 FREE CARDS if you blog about it!!

That is AWESOME!!

I have gotten great products from the in the past (cards...books...and photos), so I began shopping on their site.  Here are 2 of my favorite Christmas cards:

I love that you can get more than one photo on them.  I've never done a 'Christmas Letter' before, but really like the fun colors on this one:


I also took a peek at baby announcements...because...well...I love babies.


Of course my baby isn't so much a baby anymore & I know her 1st birthday will be here before I know it.  So, I also checked out the birthday invites.  Super cute!  Now I just need to pick her birthday theme...

I know it is approaching the deadline - but QUICK!  If you are a blogger check out this deal.

I know I am excited for our freshly printed cards to arrive so I can sent them out!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE that you turned your old cards into ornaments! I'm inspired! And let me know if you hear back from Shutterfly because I tried days ago and still nothing! :(

The O'Connor Family said...

Your Christmas cards are ALWAYS so cute and creative!! :)