Monday, June 14, 2010

Our little peanut,

is two months old already!


I remembered that the 'newborn phase' would go quickly, but I forgot just how quickly!

Dani you are no longer the little bundle that likes to be all curled up. You have begun to stretch out and explore your world. You have outgrown your newborn clothing and are now into size 3.

I think because of your new discoveries, you don't want to sleep. You don't want to miss something. I got through a few weeks on very little sleep by holding on to the knowledge that eventually you would sleep through the night! We have slowly started to move in the right direction. You still get up 3 to 4 times a night, but you are starting to take naps during the day, so, yea! :)

Part of your sleeplessness could be because we have moved you out of your swing and into your bed. You began to push your legs against the sides of the swing and managed to turn yourself, Daddy & I figured it was time to give you more room. We don't bundle you as much because you are able to wiggle your little feet out and you can't seem to sleep if your feet are not covered. You now sleep snuggled in your sleep sac.


You've lost your 'newborn cry' and now have a loud one that tells me just what you want. You are such a happy, content little girl that when I hear your cries I know you are hungry or sleepy. I don't always know what you want, but most of the time. You hardly cry for no reason.


My favorite addition this month is your SMILES!! You give them so freely. It is wonderful to see your little face light up! You have started to make yourself known. We have begun to hear little squeals from you. Most of the time they are pretty quiet...but once in awhile you let us know that your lungs work!


You are a snuggler and we LOVE it. You enjoy being held as you drift off to sleep and will often wrap your little fingers around the collar of my shirt. I have to unhook you when I lay you in bed. SO cute.


When you were born with all your pretty dark hair, I was told that you were going to lose it all. Especially in the back. It was a surprise when the back stayed put...and you lost all your hair on the top! In the last week it has started to make a comeback. I can't wait to use all your pretty hair bows. (We'll see what you think of them.)


You have broken out in a little case of 'baby acne', but it seems to be clearing up. Your little chubby cheeks are so beautiful & kissable. :)


I feel a bit guilty about this, but you've finally had your first bath. Like, 2 days ago. It isn't that I haven't been cleaning you - I have - I've just been dunking you in the little pink tub that the hospital gave us. (Your brother had his first tub bath once his umbilical cord fell off, when he was closer to 10 days old...not 2 months.) The tub really didn't phase you. You just looked at me as I cleaned you up. A look that said, o.k. this is new!


You are such a honey bunny. You are so laid back and seem to take everything in stride. You are content to be held or in your swing or bouncer watching us move around you. You don't mind when your brother is making noise as you are trying to sleep and grin at him when he comes to talk to you.

He is very aware of you and is always watching out for you. The other day he & I were in the basement, he was playing & I was in the laundry room. With all the noise from the washer, I didn't hear you crying upstairs. But Eddie did. He walked into the room with a concerned look on his face telling me that you were crying. He grabbed a few toys and headed to the stairs so we could go and get you. I pray that you two are always close and looking out for each other.


You are such a wonderful blessing to our family. Daddy and I are so proud of you and love you so much!!

No comments: