Friday, May 14, 2010

One month old.

Oh my...has it really been a month already?!?


It has gone so quickly! I think because the first few weeks I was running on such little sleep I wasn't sure what day it was...and also because you and your brother keep be busy!


The transition has been smooth. You just slid into the family. It feels like you've always been here.


You and Eddie are getting along great. You don't mind when he is running around making noise and he thinks you are cute and wants to be by you. (Or cUte as Eddie says it.) I love watching you guys 'play' together. He will talk to you and your head will follow his voice. He brings you things...like a hammer. Eddie also likes to point out your nose and eyes. Most of the time you don't mind this. :)


You have finally gotten your days and nights figured out. I was in denial that you had them switched...until you let me sleep 2 hours one night. It ended up being your turning point. You are now getting up 2 to 3 times a night, which has been so good for all of us!


You are growing wonderfully! We will find out just how much when we go to the doctor next week, but you are fitting your newborn clothing that used to swim on you and we are going to move you up to size 1 diapers. It is amazing how much you have changed already. You were born with a head full of hair (which was a big surprise for Mama!), but we've noticed in the last week that you're losing it. Mostly on the top. We will have to wait a bit longer to use your pretty hair clips.


You still pull your little legs up to your chest when you are picked up and you love to be bundled. You were sleeping in your crib...but we've found that you sleep much better cuddled up in your swing.


I was asked what we call you most of the time...Dani or Danielle. I think I call you 'Baby' most of the time. That is what Eddie calls you, although he is starting to use your name more. I also call you my Honey Bunny and Daddy calls you his Princess.


This is how I often find Daddy while he is holding you...sound asleep!


You are such a little cuddle bug! We love all your snuggles!


You have had your first Tulip Time already! Grandmum made you your first Dutch costume and you looked so cute in it. She took the button from one of my costumes and put it on your dress.

I am not sure why you have a little squinty face in this photo...but I think it is so cute.


We went downtown to watch Aunt Julie Dutch Dance and you cuddled in by Grammie and slept through most of the performance.


You are eating like a champ! Nursing has been going SO well and you have gotten better at taking bottles from Daddy.


You are such a sweet little girl and are very laid back. You are curious about the world around you and enjoy watching what is happening. While we haven't done 'official' tummy time, you do hold your head up while you are on our chests so you have a better view. (You are so strong!)


Daddy and I love you so much and are so proud of you. We are so blessed to have you in our family and are excited to watch you grow!

4 comments:

emily said...

I can't believe it's been a month already! What a sweetheart.

Sherry said...

Such cute pictures of Dani! I LOVE the big flower on her head!

Charrie said...

Such a cutie! Makes me want another one, they DO grow so fast! I was thinking about coming to see you on Wednesday moring with a meal/gift.

Tripp said...

She is so sweet!