This past month has been exciting. You went to your first wedding.

I guess I should say that you went to your first wedding photos. You didn't actually stay for the wedding. I think that was a good choice...you might have gone running after Aunt Julie as Grandpa walked her down the aisle.

You were pretty fascinated by Aunt Julie. At first it didn't seem like you knew what to think of her in that pretty dress. Your Aunt Julie is always ready to play...and she didn't look like she could run around with you in that dress. It didn't take you too long and you warmed up to her. Especially once you learned she had grapes and she was willing to share them with you!

You had a deep discussion with Uncle Jon. I think this is when you told him that you were done with pictures. I'm not sure how many you actually smiled for. Posed photos are not your favorite.

Other than the wedding, you have been busy. Your imagination has been working overtime and I love listening to you pretend. You make the ottoman a kitchen and jabber to yourself as you commentate on what you are up to.
I think vocabulary has been your biggest, most noticeable achievement this past month. Words pop out of your mouth that I had no idea that you knew! You tend to talk as you play and I am starting to understand more and more of it. Not all of it...but more.

You have taken to walking on your tip toes. I've been trying to get a picture of it...but I have yet to catch it.
We took you for your first ice cream cone this week. We thought you would love it.

Turns out...not so much. You basically watched it melt. You like ice cream in a bowl. I am not sure why it hasn't transferred over. I think we talked you into 3 licks. You were much more interested in the drinking fountain.

The weather has been unseasonably warm and we have been taking advantage of it. You LOVE to be outside. Once you are out, it is hard to get you back in! We went to the park by the water yesterday and I tried to get some pictures of you.

But you kept saying, 'toys!'

So we went to play.

I gave you a 'summer haircut' and it makes you look so grown up. Someone told me that you look like a little boy now. Then it hit me. You are.
When thinking back on this month it was easy to think that nothing has changed...but really you have. It isn't big milestones like when you were small, but subtle things.
You are understanding things on different levels and it is such a joy to see. Your sense of humor is developing, your love of books and stories and figuring out just how things work.
Daddy and I love you so much and are so proud of you. I can not express what a blessing you are. The next month will be even more exciting as we get to watch you step into a new role...big brother.
2 comments:
WHAT???????? no ice cream?
Was the ice cream from Frosty's?! I am so excited to go there this summer. :)
Post a Comment