Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Breakfast for dinner

This past weekend I went to a GEMS sleepover. Saturday morning our head counselor made the best pancakes. She gave me the recipe and last night I made them for my boys.


Mark isn't a huge fan of breakfast for dinner...but will humor me when I have a craving for pancakes. They both agreed that these were exceptional pancakes. I know because Mark told me he liked them and Eddie actually ate them!


In case you are interested in giving them a try...

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/4 cup buttermilk (I used reg milk)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten

2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup sour cream
2 egg whites, stiffly beaten

Stir together first 4 ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix next 3 ingredients. Combine both mixtures. Add melted butter and sour cream. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into mixture.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the picture of Mark eating HIS pancakes? ;)

Tripp said...

mmmmm Brinner :) WE have plates just like Eddie's and LOVE them!

Brian said...

We LOVE breakfast for dinner! Actually, we have pancakes almost every week after church...I can't wait to try the new recipe!