Saturday, November 14, 2009

Belly Shirt

I had a hard time trading out Eddie's summer clothing for warmer winter clothing. Some of his shirts were just too cute to put away. This is the 1st season he didn't outgrow his clothes...it is just too cold to wear them anymore.

I saw a tutorial for adding sleeves and thought I would give it a try.

I decided to go the adding sleeves route instead of just layering a long sleeve shirt under a short sleeve shirt because Eddie gets so hot running around during the day. Unlike the tutorial, I did not make my sleeves but found shirts on clearance and cut the sleeves off...have you checked out GAP Outlet recently?!? Shirts for $1.89!


I think they are turning out cute.


Because I was on such a 'successful sewing streak', I began to think of the onesies that are getting hard to close. Eddie takes after Daddy & has a very long torso. I thought if I cut off the bottom & hemmed them...I would end up with a perfect fitting shirt.

Somewhere I went wrong. Eddie didn't like the belly shirt.


Even with his arms down...it is too short.

I am hoping I can still salvage this shirt...but I think it might be time to take an actual sewing class and not just keep winging it. It would be nice if my sewing projects all turned out & looked just as nice up close as they do far away! :)

2 comments:

Tripp said...

What a GREAT idea! I want to try to do this.

Jen said...

Great job! I love the striped sleeves. I miss sewing projects, I had to leave my machine in MI :( I took one class in 4H in 6th grade and had many lessons from my mom, but have learned a lot from winging it!