Friday, June 5, 2009

It has to look worse before it can look better.

"That...was really good glue." That's what Steve told us on Tuesday afternoon. While we are doing as much work as we can ourselves, we don't know how to do it all and Steve is doing our countertop and backsplash. He was hoping to have the kitchen wrapped up by Wednesday afternoon, but it became clear that that was not going to happen.

This is what it looked like Tuesday night...(with the countertop gone, we no longer had a sink)


On Wednesday Eddie & I spent time sitting by the gate watching Steve come and go. Eddie was really interested in everything that was going on. Once Steve started to glue the countertop down, we headed outside.


While trying to multitask, I found out I can wear Eddie in the Kozy, holding a bottle in his mouth with one hand, dirty dishes in the other hand and scale the gate...as I was in the process of climbing over I did have a fleeting thought that this wasn't one of my better ideas and could end badly...but we made it. :P

By Wednesday night, it looked like a different kitchen! The counters were in along with the super awesome sink & faucet that my aunt found! The sink wasn't hooked up yet...but still beautiful!


Today was Mark's 1st day of summer vacation. It was strange to have him around, but very helpful. He played with Eddie all day so I could paint. They also installed all the hardware in the kitchen & bathroom.


Here is the kitchen as of tonight. Tomorrow morning Steve comes back to put up the backsplash and finish the sink. :)


3 coats of primer and 1 top coat later...most of our trim is now white. And so are my hands. Oil base paint is so hard to get off!


Oh, I was asked recently if Eddie can climb the stairs...turns out...yup, he can. With me thinking (or rather not thinking) that this would be a good time to paint the trim & the livingroom, Eddie's toys have been moved downstairs. This morning he was playing downstairs with Mark and he flew up the stairs! He was so proud of himself!

2 comments:

Brian said...

WOW! What a difference! Everything is looking fabulous! I think you will need to have another movie night so we can see the final product. By the way, we've been eating taco soup for 2 days and it was delicious...even Brian liked it and usually he's kinda picky! :)

The O'Connor Family said...

The kitchen looks awesome!!! Love it!