Tuesday, June 23, 2009

72

72 hours. That is how long you have to dry out your drywall before mold can begin to grow.

We didn't make it.


We did have an extremely nice company come in and take it out for us. (After a very creepy guy came to give us a quote) If the drywall had to come out, it is nice to have good people doing the work. And holy cow were they quick. They had a crew of 5 come in and the drywall was out in 2 1/2 hours.


Eddie was helping me sort things in the garage. He was fascinated by all the activity. Each time one of the guys walked by, he would make funny faces at Eddie to make him laugh. And, even though I feel like our home is a disaster area...they wipe their feet before entering. They have begun to make the whole process seem easier when it was getting a bit daunting.


Eddie has been such a good little boy. This morning he was content to play in his car by me. Yesterday he played all day with his Grammie and this afternoon he played with Grandpa. Our parents have been such a huge help! We are so thankful that we live near them!


With all the wonderful help we've had...soon our home will be back to normal and this adventure will be behind us.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I guess you guys will be able to call this the "Year of Construction"! Aren't you glad you're not pregnant this year?! All in all, I'm really inspired by your good attitude through it all...I think I would have had myself one good pity party by now. :)

Sarah said...

I just heard the coolest song on jq99.3 and the lyrics made me think of you guys. It's called "Jesus Calling" by 33 Miles...

When you see the rushing wind , feel the pouring rain
hear the thunder now as the clouds roll in
and you’re blinded by the lightning
do you also hear that still, small voice saying
It’s okay, you’re not alone, you may be scared to death,
But I won’t let you go
You may think the sky above is falling
But can you hear Jesus calling
What do you see when you look at your world today
Do you see a glimmer of hope, or has it all turned to gray
Well start by counting your blessings one by one
Oh and I’m sure right there, you’ll start to see the sun
You see there’s always another story, another side to every coin
And how you see your circumstance is all about a choice!