
You are so much fun to watch grow. We can almost see the wheels spinning in your head as you experience life. Your crawl is getting so fast. You have abandoned the army crawl and now are up on your knees. When you want to go really fast, you stay on one knee & use the other foot to gain momentum (sometimes this ends with a face plant).
You can walk...but it is only a step at a time when you are cruising to furniture or to people. You have yet to link them together. You love to push your truck all over the house. As soon as you figure out how to join your steps and that walking is faster than crawling...look out!

You stand for longer periods of time by yourself and now come up behind me while I'm trying to make dinner and pull yourself up on my legs. You also start to 'dance' when you hear music...it is adorable.
You love to push toys around the loop. It is entertaining to watch you. You toss cars and push them as you make your way around. It's cute when you run into the rugs and plow right over them. Nothing gets in your way.

I used to be able to 'contain' you. We would play in one room and you were perfectly content. Now...the whole house is your play area. You love to shoot down the hallway and see what you can get into. Should you visit the bathroom and unroll the toilet paper? Go in your room to take everything off your book shelf or stand by the rocker and push it? Visit the sliding door in Mommy & Daddy's room and look outside? Or cruise all the way to the guest room where your car ramp is stored?

When we are inside, you often want to look outside. You LOVE to be outside. We do our best to go for a walk and play outside everyday. You still do not love grass, but you are getting more daring. You are willing to pick the grass now. You even picked me a flower. It wasn't until you tried to eat it that I had to toss it out of your reach.

You enjoyed your first 'dip' in the pool at Grandpa & Grammum's. Aunt Emily & Aunt Audrey helped you dip your toes in the water. You showed no fear. If Auntie Em would have let you, you would have jumped in! That scares Mommy a bit, but Daddy has helped assure me that you will be just fine. I know we will have lots of eyes on you around the pool, but I think I'll just keep your life jacket on you at all times. You are not a huge fan of your life jacket yet...but tough cookies, you are going to wear it. Even if you do give me your 'awe...mom' look.

While you are not 'talking' the sounds that you have been making lately are different. You have the Mama & Dada down (even if I'm not sure you know what they mean), but your babbles are more conversational. Your big thing lately is making 'fart' sounds. It makes you laugh! If you are crying, Daddy will start 'farting' at you and you will go back and forth until you are both laughing. Daddy says that it's hard to cry when you are laughing. I think he makes a good point.

You are such a joy. We've fought with an ear infection and a couple colds this month, but you've handled them like a trouper. You have still been so happy and fun to be with. You always have a big smile ready for anyone who captures your attention. I often am told what a sweet little guy you are when we are out and about.

Oh you've gotten a new tooth this month too. It caused you to eat your bed! Grammum thinks we should change your name to Chip, because you are our little wood chipper!

It is hard to believe that last year at this time we were anxiously awaiting your arrival. We are so blessed by you! Always know that Daddy and I love you so much and are so proud of you!
3 comments:
What a sweet post. How great to have his milestones journaled for all posterity! And I love that preggo shot of you last summer... so sweet!
Man has it almost been a year? That's crazy. Jen, I love all your pictures. You take so many great ones. My favorite this time is Eddy lounging in his high chair. :)
BEfore you know it that little man is going to be a walking fool!
Post a Comment