I loved the time when you were growing inside me. Your kicks, wiggles and hiccups. At the time it felt like you were never going to come out. The last 9 months have gone so much faster and have been even more wonderful than I ever imagined. I love being your mommy. I've loved you from the first hint I had about you in the back of my mind...could I be pregnant? I will always love you.
I don't know why 9 months sounds so old...but it does. You are much more of a little boy and less of a baby. You are moving all over and getting into everything. You are so curious and want to see, feel and taste everything for yourself.

I was gathering Daddy's shirts to be ironed today and I came across your little shirt that needed ironing too. I compared them. You've grown so much in the last few months and you have a lot more growing to do if you are going to reach 6'4" like Daddy. Your doctor seems to think you won't have a problem getting that tall. Daddy & I pray that you grow into a Godly man. We don't care how tall you are...but at the rate you are going, I wonder if Daddy will have to look up to you. We've had to move up in clothing size just to get length. You are still weighing in around 22 lbs but have a long torso and legs...just like Daddy.

You've been trying new foods lately. Overall you like them. You have been showing preferences...you like the biter biscuits over the zwieback toast. You want whatever I'm eating. My favorite meal of the day is breakfast. We sit facing each other, both in our sleepy, not quite awake state and talk. There is just something about it. We share. You like it when I have yogurt or Cheerios...I can't say I like your biscuits...but it's nice when you hold one out to me to try. You don't let me get away with pretend tastes. You hold it out to me until I actually try it.

You have been teething like it's your full time job. One top tooth is in, but wow, that other one has been something else. I think it has broken through...but I've thought that so many times. I can't wait for it to come down just so you don't have to struggle with it anymore. If trying to get that one in wasn't enough, you've got 4 more making their way out. You are going to have a mouth full before we know it and seeing how crooked some are, the word 'braces' is already on my mind.

You are such a goof ball. You always want the phone, but when we call people you get all quiet. Maybe you have a shy side, but I doubt it. You are comfortable with anyone. On Sunday I passed you off and you made your rounds by some of the older ladies. Some how it was Pastor Rich that brought you back to Daddy. You have shown a few times where you will grab on to my shirt and want to stay by me...but that has only happened when I've been gone and I think you are just happy to see me.

You have the best laugh. You have your belly laugh and also a ha ha one. It cracks us up.

We have been seeing your sneaky eyes & smile. You show them when you know you are getting into things that you should not be or when you think you are getting away with something. I did not expect that Daddy and I would be talking about discipline at 9 months. You are a very good little boy...and we would like to keep it that way. We've gotten a book out of the library and Daddy and I are doing our best to stay a few steps ahead of you. I call you 'Stinker Buns'.

You are such a happy boy, even if you can be a stinker. :P You were playing with Daddy last night and he called me to watch. You were pushing the pillow back & forth. Of course you didn't want to do it when Daddy wanted to show me...you got so excited. It was so cute. You are such a joy and we love every moment with you.
Oh - I know you are not wearing pants in the video...usually you do wear pants. After your nap you were so ready to move that I was lucky I was able to get a clean diaper on. You were crawling away as I was trying to snap your onesie. You are always on the go, pulling yourself up or crawling into things. You amaze me not only with how quick you are, but also with your love to explore your world.
Daddy and I are so proud of you and love you so much. The last 9 months have been so wonderful and we pray for many more months and adventures with you.
Love,
Mummy
Daddy and I are so proud of you and love you so much. The last 9 months have been so wonderful and we pray for many more months and adventures with you.
Love,
Mummy
2 comments:
Happy Nine Months little man!
Happy Nine Months Eddie! You are getting so big!!
Post a Comment