You gave me this...

And this...

And this.

You were rolling around so much that the static made your hair stick straight up! It did work out nicely for showing off your hair. I had planned to use gel to make is stand up, but your wiggles took care of it for me! Your hair has really come in in the last few weeks. Especially on the sides. I think it will be dark like Daddy's. For awhile I wondered if you were going to be a blondie...or bald.

You were so busy talking and rolling that it was hard to catch the smiles. You are a little jabber box. You've really started to 'talk'. You will say mammamamama and bababaaba. It is so cute. You also blow bubbles and gargle spit in the back of your mouth. :) At times when people are talking to you or Daddy and I are making goofy faces, you study our mouths and I can almost see the wheels turning in your head as you are trying to figure out how to copy the movements.

You are such a little wiggle butt! You can now roll wherever you want! I have to think about where I put you if I know I have to step away. I used to be able to lay you on your play mat while I emptied the dishwasher...but you are so quick! The gate to the basement is up and we are pretty much childproofed, but your play yard is the only place I can put you where I know you can not get away! Those are things that I didn't think I'd have to worry about for a few months yet, until you could crawl!

We've had to move your bed down to the middle level. I've caught you reaching up and grabbing the top bar on your crib trying leverage yourself up. You are so strong! When I do 'catch' you doing things that you shouldn't be, you always give me a smile and a look of total innocence. As if to say, 'what Mommy?'

You love to chew - everything goes in your mouth. With your willingness to 'eat' anything, I didn't think introducing you to food would be a big deal. But wow. The faces that you give me when you are eating cereal...make me feel a bit guilty. You look so disgusted! Right now I think most of your cereal ends up on your face or your bib. But I'm sure you will be a pro in no time!

You enjoy sitting in your bumbo. I've found it works wonderfully for feeding you! You are working on sitting, but are not quite there yet. We practice while sitting on the bed. I sit you up and you tip over. I help you back up, but you are doing most of the work. You can make it a couple of seconds until you flop over. This usually amuses you and makes you laugh. I love your laugh.
I know I say this all the time, but really Buddy, you amaze me. You are learning so much everyday! Every month I can't belive how much you've learned and changed. You had such a big month with the holidays and you were such a champ! You didn't have any major meltdowns and we only missed one party because you were just plain tired. I was so impressed.

I LOVE being your mommy! The past 6 months have been so much fun & Daddy and I look forward to all the fun to come. We are so proud of you and love you SO much. You are such a special blessing from God. We are so grateful to Him and pray that you will grow up to be a Godly man.
Oh, and about the photo shoot...you are not getting out of that one. We will try again soon! :)
2 comments:
Happy Half buddy! I can't believe that you are that old already!
What a great blog! A great way to record all his new developments. Such a cutie!
Post a Comment