Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Paranoid Mommy?


Eddie has been doing really well on his tummy. He can hold his head up and can roll to his tummy from his back. He's also started to stick his little booty up in the air. Mark has been helping him scoot across the living room. What he can't do yet is roll from his tummy to his back.


Lately, he's been flipping to his tummy in bed. At night I have been flipping him back over to his back. Yesterday I started to let him stay on his tummy for nap time. He slept really well. (2 1/2 hours!!)

His doctor told me that, if he can roll to his tummy in bed, if he's having problems breathing he can get back over. But I haven't seen him roll back. I know I grew up on my tummy at night...am I being a paranoid 1st time mommy? Should I leave him be - even at night?

3 comments:

Deb said...

Aww how precious! I can't give advice either way but just thought I'd write how adorable kids are when they're sleeping on their tummies!

the compagners said...

Jen,
I am having that same problem with Kameron! I realized it was going to become a battle if I kept rolling him back onto his back and then neither of us would sleep. So I am trying sooooo hard to not worry so much during the night and let him sleep on his stomach if he rolls over.

lalligal said...

James slept on his tummy from literally night 1 :) Even in the hospital! I learned pretty quickly to relax about it!